Taylor Road Jazz Commitment Form 2018-2019
First of all, congratulations on making it into the Taylor Road Jazz program! With that said, being in this ensemble will come with a lot of outside of school work and dedication if we want to be successful.
- This ensemble is an extra-curricular ensemble; so there will be no time committed to it during school hours, which means time outside of the regular school hours will have to be required.
- There will be a $50.00 participation fee for Taylor Road Jazz. This fee will offset costs for guest clinicians/artists, t-shirt, music, transportation, and other materials. Students not able to pay the fee need to contact Mrs. Reynolds or Mr. Soloff in order to work out arrangements.
- Your attendance is crucial to the success of the group; if there are more than 3 rehearsals that you show up late for there will be parent notification. If more than 3 rehearsals are missed, we will have to consider if your position will be maintained in the ensemble.
- The Jazz Ensemble will meet Wednesday at 7:30 AM and finish at 8:30 before classes start. There might be a chance, there will be an after school rehearsal before a scheduled performance. (only if necessary)
- *If you have been selected for the Little “Big” Band; we will meet Tuesday from 7:30 AM – 8:30 before classes start. There might be a chance, there will be an after school rehearsal before a scheduled performance. (only if necessary)
As of now, we have performances scheduled, which are:
o Fall Concert (October 11, 2018)
o Winter Concert (December 4, 2018)
o Grandparents Coffee (December, TBA)
o Possible Performance at Lovett Jazz Festival (March 16, 2019)
o TRMS Jazz Night (April 19 or 20, 2019)
o Rialto Jazz Fest Combo Concert (May 7, 2019) *Little “Big” Band Only
- If we are offered more performance opportunities, we will discuss with the parents and students about their interest or lack of interest in the performance. We would like to represent our school and community well in these situations, so attendance in every performance would be mandatory.
- If there are any scheduling conflicts, please just notify us beforehand and we’ll discuss how to catch back up to the ensemble. Attendance is crucial because in this type of ensemble there will only be on person on a part, so if that one person is missing we are losing an entire voice in the ensemble.
Mrs. Angela Reynolds & Mr. Brandon Soloff
TRMS Directors of Bands
If you have any questions you can e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Please fill out the form below with understanding by Tuesdays, September 4th to Mrs. Reynolds or Mr. Soloff.